Back in the July/August 2012 and again in the January/February 2017 issue I had written about the epic battle between the Postage Meter and PC Postage. The outcome in both articles was a draw based on the needs of your organization. What we are finding today is that these two platforms often work as a complement vs. a competitor. In this article we will explore advances in technology, where each solution shines and how they are used together to optimize your mailing needs.
Today, we are managing 134,000 pieces of mailing equipment, which includes over 7,000 PC Postage licenses for our clients and want to share the biggest trends that are dominating the mail industry.
- There are new postage savings available using both types of mailing solutions.
- There is an increase in USPS® Parcels and Priority Mail® that is forcing clients to look for automation and cost reductions.
- Large volume mail is being centrally produced where possible vs. scattered at multiple locations creating the need for productive mailing solutions.
- People need to generate convenience mail from home offices, while travelling and in small volume offices that do not always justify having postage meters. Many may be using higher priced stamps or overnight services where they are both not the optimal solution.
- Web access to information has dominated new developments in the mailing solution market.